Wednesday, May 14, 2008

balancing act

Each day as a new business the number of visitors is determined by how you spend. Over time we aim for links and organic search engine listings, but as the new biz on the block we must first announce we are here, so for fifty cents each click we have an international billboard on the paid side of Google and Yahoo results. Cannot spend too much, must attain high click-thru, must determine if the keyphrases I'm chasing are the thoughts of people just about to buy my product.

The process is a balancing act of all the priorities on which you attempt to deliver. Through daily toil it can be made more efficient.

Yesterday we rebooted a ppc strategy going after air hockey tables in a new way. However a new campaign - an alternate instead of editing the current - means starting on the ground with no quality score. Our ads were more expensive for lower placement. In some ad groups our impressions were a fraction of what they could be. The struggle to balance goes on...

1 comment:

Direct Online Marketing said...

Quick tip 'cause I love you: don't just get rid of old campaigns. Work the new ones in first on a rotation basis so that you don't reset to 0 on your quality score.

Keep up the good work. It gets easier (I've been told).

PS - can I get some different identity choices to sign in?